To configure a series 400 Keychain Beacon:
- Download Bleu Setup for the iOS app store.
- Launch Bleu Setup on your iOS device.
- Press and hold the button the Series 400 Beacon. The button is at the center of the logo on the beacon. Hold until a red LED appears in the upper left side of the Proxidyne logo.
- The Series 400 will appear in the list in Bleu Setup. Tap the item in the list.
- When prompted for authentication, enter the default password of “qwerty123”.
- When prompted to pair, press Pair.
- Tap on any of the settings and make changes as needed.
- When you are done making changes, click Save.
The following describes the different setting values:
- Name: The name of the series 400. Only used when displaying the name in Bleu Setup.
- Admin Time: The number of seconds after pressing the button on the series 400 before it automatically goes back to beacon mode. You must connect within Bleu Setup within this time.
- Mac Address (read only): The MAC Address of the Bluetooth radio.
- Firmware Version (read only): The version of the firmware.
- Hardware Version (read only): The version of the hardware.
- Change Password: Change the admin password. You must enter in your prior password and new password.
- UUID: The iBeacon UUID
- Major Number: The iBeacon Major number. 0 to 65535.
- Minor Number: The iBeacon Minor number. 0 to 65535.
- Power: The transmit power for the Bluetooth radio. 0 to 8.
- Advertise Rate: The amount of time that an iBeacon packet is sent when broadcasting. 100ms (10 times per second) to 1000ms (10 seconds)
- Broadcast Time: The total time that iBeacon packets will be sent when the button is pressed. A value of 0 will cause the Series 400 to broadcast continually. 0 to 15 seconds.
The Series 400 uses a 2032 Lithium battery. To replace the battery, open the Series 400 by separating the front and back covers at the notch under the hole for the keychain: